I started blogging after wasting three good years! I used to read about successful people stories about blogging, but I couldn’t just take the decision right away and start blogging , I admit that I wasted my time, I should have started long time , but anyways Life is beautiful..its not too late as long as I am still alive!
Why does blogs help
Blogs help build brand awareness They generate natural incoming back-links, a must for success in Google. Blogs allow you the means to update your site easily and let other sites know about your site. A blog allows you to participate in many communities. There’s so much a blog can do for any business.
- as a way of efficiently collecting notes
- of bouncing ideas off other people
- as a way to refine my own thought process
- to perhaps gain some exposure to search engines, and credible links
So, what are you waiting for?
I am just starting a blog now and I am realizing that it takes time and effort. I can totally see the advantages to WordPress, without a doubt.
How to get started
- Go to wordpress.com and sign up…Yea sign up NOW
- Start a blog, and write good content. Figure out what other “popular” bloggers are writing about, and write about the same thing. Add your own spin to it.
- Or, write about innovative or new things your library is doing
- make sure to link to other blogger’s posts when writing your own post (making sure the link is actually relevant, of course) … cause we’ll notice. Most of us have vanity feeds set up to monitor what others say about us.
- Start commenting on blog posts (and leave your blog URL in the comments). That gets you noticed in two ways: 1. if you comment on my blog, I’ll notice 2. people interested in the topic will notice – they’ll comment, they’ll see your comment, and they’ll very likely check your blog post out, as well.
- Speaking or writing anywhere? Make sure to mention your blog.
- And then keep it up. Again – I`ve just started and I know Building up an audience takes time but worth it.